Green News Update is traveling to some great locations to bring you stories and updates on urban design, museums, green practices, urban gardens, rising water, travel and the quality of life in Europe. Here’s what you can expect later this year:
- The first walking street in Europe (it’s Rotterdam)
- The Promenade Plantee/Viaduc des Arts in Paris, the urban walking trail that inspired NYC’s High Line
- Delta Works, an engineering marvel, the flood system in Zeeland that protect’s Europe’s largest shipping port (Rotterdam) and people living near the coast
- New neighborhoods in East Amsterdam: Eastern Docklands and IJburg – on an artificial island –with contemporary architecture
- Quai Branley Museum, an innovative ethnographic museum with green walls designed by Patrick Blanc (Paris)
- Update on Oostvaardersplassen, a manmade ecosystem from a former seabed, inhabited by wild herds– deer, horses and cattle
- Droog Design’s “hotel” ( one room but plenty more)
- Why go to Strasbourg (France) during the winter holiday season!
Come back to learn and have fun at gardens and wild places, cities and towns, and innovations in sustainble living.